Sunday, February 14, 2021

Reading 03

 

For our reading tasks this week, we began to write our first annotated bibliography. I already had four sourced ready from last week but I decided to look for six more so I can have the required amount ready in case some of the reading material might not turn out to be useful further down the line.

I downloaded a pdf version for each of the readings I’ve done and brought them into Adobe Acrobat. Following what we learned from the lecture and the instructions on the website using the Three – Pass method:  I read the abstract, introduction and conclusion of the paper. I then highlighted and included notes and comments along the way. I repeat the process when reading the entire paper and wrote extra bits of information.  One  of  the reading material I including is a really interesting book by David Michael and  Sande Chen. However it’s nearly 300 pages long so it will take longer to collect information from. I may need to pick and choose areas that are the most relevant and interesting.


Screenshot of note-taking in Adobe Acrobat - Ger, P.M. (2014) eAdventure: Serious Games, Assessment and Interoperability. 


The entire process was quite long but the method helped me grasp a better understanding of the paper. Although I was able to write up the 4 annotated bibliographies with summaries I feel like I wasn’t able to round it off with critical evaluation of the source.   

Despite the detailed instructions on the website – which are very helpful, I also found this week’s lecture/session golden. Being able to watch and engage in the lecture gave me a kick start for what to expect and how to prepare. I hope these sessions will carry on where needed. Annotate bibliography can be found in the link below.

Click here to view working google document.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Doing

  We are nearing the end of this semester and the book we’ve been working throughout the semester is in its final editing stages. This week,...