Sunday, October 4, 2020

Task07: First Impression on Class Assignments

 This post is rather nice and straight to the point. I will be providing feedback and initial thoughts on class assignments for this module and how they're laid out. BUT ladies and gentlemen - let's begin with a round of applause for our one and only Multimedia Development 1 lecturer, Shaun! 👏

I just wanted to say, I appreciate  having the syllabus - with all it's tasks and reading laid out clearly in the website. It really does simplify things for students and takes away from the stress and confusion. Thanks for that!

Now, to get to the task at hand...

Academic Response to Readings

Quite daunting to say the least. Personally, I do not mind reading. It is a hobby that I enjoy, especially if it's related to my interests. Well... I do enjoy games, and it will be interesting to learn about game ideation and design. However, the first part that I find alarming is the academic writing. I haven't written too much in an academic style of writing. So I don't feel very confident in that area - although I do appreciate the resources given in regard to that. My second concern is  that including the reading time, I feel like may I over-spend time on this assignment more than a person normally would. I do understand that an academic writing piece does require a substantial amount of reading time. I'm going to have to be wary with the amount of time I'm spending on this specific assignment.  

Unity3D

Image: Unity logo

Probably one of the most exciting tasks is getting started with the tutorials as well as getting to learn how the game engine works. I find it it kind of crazy to think that games like Rust, Ori and the Blind Forest, Hearthstone - all  thousands of active players was made using Unity - and that we have that technology on our finger tips. 

Project

I'm not going lie, I'm a little nervous about the code and how the final result will look like. At this stage, however, I guess it's about the exploration and  getting our hands in the muck. Looking forward to the possibilities and perhaps creating something fantasy based where I can incorporate some drawing skills. 

Comments and Project Feedback 


Image by manfredsteger on Pixabay


I don't know if I've mentioned this before, but I'm not a blog fan. Don't get me wrong, I have nothing against other people's blogs. I just don't like putting myself out there. Here we are nonetheless - better to make something good out of it! I will look forward to project feedback however. The experience will give me the opportunity to understand what people are into, their experience as a player and ultimately discover where I need to improve. 

Extra Credit

The main two tasks that I'm drawn towards in this category are Growth Mindset and the Tech Tasks. I've mostly talked about Growth Mindset in my last post, but to  summarize I'm hopeful that by learning more about it, I will be able to manage my assignments in a healthier and stress-free manner. Tech Tasks will be useful to learn more about the Blogger and other tools. Since we are going to be using them anyway, it would be nice to get more creative with it. 

Overall, aside from the familiarity of Blogger and Twitter, most of the class tasks that we'll be doing in this module will be new to me. 



No comments:

Post a Comment

Doing

  We are nearing the end of this semester and the book we’ve been working throughout the semester is in its final editing stages. This week,...