Sunday, October 4, 2020

Task08: Class Tools and Technology

Over the course of this module, we'll be using a variety of tools for each assignment. I've already talked about how I will be using Unity3D for the first time in my previous post. Here, I'll tell you about a few other tools that will help with doing tasks in a more efficient manner. You may find something here that could be useful for you too.

Bookmarking

This is something that I definitely want want to learn more about. There are times when I discover interesting and informative websites. I either make a mental note to record it at a later date or bookmark it straight away. Generally, I would use Google's basic bookmarking tool function. Although, in the past I kept lists of links in word documents, however it was still easy to forget about them.😅

Have you ever looked at your long list of messy and unordered bookmarked sites and just couldn't bother sifting through them?  Then you should probably take a  peek at what Diigo can do. Here's a short video I found that shows Diigo in action with it's effective use of bookmarks, annotations, tags and more. Glad I came across it!



I found the video in a website dedicated to Online Tools for Teaching and Learning, if you're interested in checking that out.


Image Editing

I don't do much of image editing outside assignments. If I were to use an image editor, I usually prefer to use Photoshop, my phone or the basic image editor on my computer. I don't know how I feel about using Google photos or the Chromebook image editor. Although, I'm looking forward to discovering different quick image editors to use on the go. One I found over the summer is a photo-editing app on iOS or android called Snapseed. I haven't used it a lot, but I found it to be quite effective in enhancing photos. It let's you use various kinds of tools such as adjusting tone, white balance, you can also create double exposures on your phone.


Graphics Creation


Image: Canva Logo


Canva is a tool I'm familiar with from last year. Despite the free version not allowing you to add gifs and other cool features,  it's intuitive and has some nice graphics available to use. Although,  a complaint I'd have about it is that it didn't let me resize the canvas once it was generated. So, I'd advise to check you have it the right size before you start adding content. 



No comments:

Post a Comment

Doing

  We are nearing the end of this semester and the book we’ve been working throughout the semester is in its final editing stages. This week,...