Thursday, October 1, 2020

Task05: Introduction to a Wayward Wanderer

Greetings! I'm JRLOI - second year here, and as the title suggests I am still pretty lost when it comes talking about where I see myself in the future. So, I'm sorry to say, but that hasn't changed.😅 I've been staring at one of the introduction prompts related to career and then it dawned on me - oh 💩! I have no short-term or long-term goals, no practical goals, no big dream goals. I have NO career goals! To top it off, I'm still unsure whether this course is a right fit for me. That's not to say that I didn't enjoy the modules, I certainly did. I'm curious if anyone else is feeling like a tiny friggin' sardine in vast ocean, just swimming about while trying to not get sucked in to a current that leads you to a 9 -5 that you'll grow to d r e a d. 

Well, isn't this positive start to this post? For real though, I feel like most people who got their degree and gradually grow accustomed at workplace in their career they've chose may think - "Well, this is it. I've studied 1,2,3,4, 5....  years to get where I am. This has to be what I want. I can't turn back now." 

Well, I work for a business man, he's married, and is a father to a sweet little boy. He told me straight up, that even he doesn't know if this career is what he wants to do. I don't why, but I've always found it a safer option if I know where I'm heading. I suppose the take on here is if you like something go for it and it may open things you're into until you can pinpoint your niche.

Just like that double diamond we all love seeing in our lectures...

Alright, I'm going off an a tangent. 

Since this blog will have content based on readings related to games - let's talk about games, nerds! 

I don't consider myself well -versed in the gaming culture. As a kid, I naturally wanted many things. I remember how much I wanted a Nintendo DS and spam Mario. Nope. I wanted a switch. Nope. I didn't bother asking for a PlayStation. 

So naturally I turned to pc games - the free ones of course (I'm going to spare myself some embarrassment here.) However, games that I've played recently include League of Legends, Minecraft, Among Us, Valorant. I might add a game wishlist here later.


 Well folks,  I'll wrap it up here for now. I might come back at a different date to delete everything add more points. For know, I'll leave you with this jumble of thoughts - who really knows what it means. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯  Take what you will from it. 


Among Us

by axel795 on Pixabay


8 comments:

  1. Hi, I like your introduction, it’s very honest. Don’t worry you still have some time to decide what you want to do in the future, I’m not entirely sure myself either but so far I enjoy the course so I don’t complain or question. If you like what you are doing and feel comfortable with it then you should be in this course. Goodluck in second year.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Julia, It's Aoibhe. What a lovely introduction post. It's okay to be lost, you have lots of time to decide! Be kind to yourself, college is hard enough to be worrying about the future now. There is not point worrying about the past or the future as one is gone and one is still to come, you must try and live in the present and live for today. Good luck with second year.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hey Julia, It's Ellen. I really enjoyed reading your introduction blog it was funny and sarcastic my two favourite traits. I also have no clue what I'm doing so its nice to see I'm not alone. Although you think this course isn't for you iv seen your work when we where in the same group in first year and you are extremely talented and creative so hang in there hahah. xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hey Julia, great introduction post! It's ok not to know where exactly you're heading in life right now, I'm the same, don't have anything major planned yet but just going with the flow until things will fall into place so don't worry! I think this is a great course and we'll definitely learn a lot from it!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi, Julia!
    I am still pretty lost too when it comes myself in the future, you are definitely not alone on it. And YES! I also feel like a tiny sardine in vast ocean (we are most likely in the same ocean hahah).
    The double diamond... ya, we love it...
    I'm not a gamer too, I mostly played phone games like Temple Run and Cook I don't remember what hahahah
    Bye bye!
    Lívia Alencar

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi Julia, I too am slightly lost when it comes to future career ideas but i do appreciate your use of emojis in the beginning of your post.
    I think your anecdote about your boss is a good way of explaining your situation to your readers in a quick, concise way.
    Hopefully by the end of the course you find a career path to follow.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hi Julia! Your introduction post here I really like it because you were very honest about how you feel about the course and it is ok to not have any goals I don't think I have any quite yet either. I can relate to the video games I switched from Playstation to Xbox and also had a Nintendo but now I am 100% Xbox hahah. It was nice meeting you Julia :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hi Julia! I'm the complete same when it comes to my career goals. I feel like you shouldn't worry about that stuff and you should focus on the present because thinking about the future will worry and stress you out. A lot of people are in the same boat me included, I was thinking about this module and I was like hmmmm i'm going to have to make a portfolio... that's great isn't it :)) - Anna Zurawska

    ReplyDelete

Doing

  We are nearing the end of this semester and the book we’ve been working throughout the semester is in its final editing stages. This week,...