Friday, October 9, 2020

Unity Tutorial 01


Image by NK8007 Unity Logo


 I'm pleased to announce that I've completed the first few Unity tutorials!

In this post I'm going to go over a little about my first experience using Unity. You might find a little trick or two could be useful (or not).

One of the first things our class group was told in the lecture (that I could remember) was to put an underscore ‘_’  before a file name. This will help organize important files in the projects window. I find this helpful because I  had some trouble in the past when arranging files in projects – it would always take too long to find the folder you’re looking for.

One thing I need to work on is moving the camera itself around the objects (it took me a little while to get the perspective right without it looking slanted in the in the player’s point of view. I also need a bit of practice ‘looking’ or ‘panning’ around the world. The key and mouse combinations are quite different than what I’m used to. I tend to use the ‘space’ bar and left click or Ctrl and + to zoom as accustomed to adobe products or drawing programs such as MediBang Pro.

Overall I really enjoyed following the video tutorials and mess around with objects and tools to test their limits :p I look forward  to bring a world to life with Unity. 


3 comments:

  1. Hey Julia, I am pleased that you finished all of the Unity tutorials. I hope they weren't too difficult. I also need to work on moving the camera myself. I actually enjoyed the tutorials I hope you enjoyed them too. I am glad to see you back this year - Claire Loakman

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey Julia, I am pleased that you finished all of the Unity tutorials. I hope they weren't too difficult. I also need to work on moving the camera myself. I actually enjoyed the tutorials I hope you enjoyed them too. I am glad to see you back this year - Claire Loakman

    ReplyDelete
  3. I found the Unity very tricky at first because there is so much you can do and you have a lot of different options. It can be a lot to handle at first but you can get used to it with some practice. I enjoyed following the videos myself and think they were very well done and easy to follow.

    ReplyDelete

Doing

  We are nearing the end of this semester and the book we’ve been working throughout the semester is in its final editing stages. This week,...