Sunday, November 8, 2020

Game Design Document

 The GDD was fun to work on. It helped to reveal areas in the game design that where lacking or  missing  which you wouldn't think of initially because the document is very in-depth. There's a lot to think about. I know I'm done with it yet as it is a living document but I feel I might be going in the right direction with it. 

Initially, I wanted to stick with Word for the GDD as it was something I was familiar with however, I'm glad I decided to take a plunge into something new. Dundoc turned out to be very simple to use and VERY easy to maintain and LESS time consuming compared to Word. 

Dundoc has some templates ready for you to get started with. However, I decided to make my own following example from Mark Baldwin's GDD template layout. Here's a link to my GDD: https://www.dundoc.com/project/6917/neta3be22v

One of the areas I need figure out about the game is to look for assets in terms of surroundings and some other animals. Here's some images from a game by David Wehle - The First Tree. I don't too much about the game, but I found the images inspiring and could help to think about the look and feel of the game. 




1 comment:

  1. Hi, Julia!!
    I really like your idea of the player being an animal and that we can cross paths with other animals! Honestly, your game idea is superb, congrats!!
    I was wondering if there will be levels on the game and like, if for each level you play with a different animal but also switch to the previous one? I was also wondering how the player could die in the game, would it be by being attacked by other animal?
    What if you add a nature sound effect to your game? Birds singing, wind blowing, water falling...?
    Best of luck with your game creation!
    Lívia Alencar

    ReplyDelete

Doing

  We are nearing the end of this semester and the book we’ve been working throughout the semester is in its final editing stages. This week,...