Thursday, October 15, 2020

Unity Tutorial 02

Image by NK8007 Unity Logo


The difficulty bar has increased a bit for this tutorial.

 Lesson 1.4 wasn't too bad. I learned about how Unity has a player input system for moving objects. The concept of horizontal and vertical axes representing the universal game control arrows and W,A,S,D keys was easy enough to grasp. As I explored this feature, I've grown to appreciate that Unity has made things easier. I'm relieved that I don't need to worry  about programming the player's input in the game.

 Making the car move and rotate instead of sliding was satisfying as I realized I was able to perform an action with code! The player view is fun to use especially when testing out and experiencing the game yourself (even if it is just simple game mechanics). 

I'd say the most of the difficulty lied in the first challenge of this unit. The first few steps weren't bad. Although I admit I had to reference from previous scripts in the tutorial as well as taking a peek at the hints later on. Having to make the plane's propeller spin was naturally, the tricky part of the challenge. I was unable to type anything past transform.Rotate and had to look up how to finish that line of code.  It was an interesting experience. Going through some C# sharp tutorials will help me understand the code better.
 
Working on this challenge gave me some insight on how much I was able to bring forward from my  tutorials. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Doing

  We are nearing the end of this semester and the book we’ve been working throughout the semester is in its final editing stages. This week,...